Coronavirus Guidance – If you think you have a possible infection
- If you or anybody else who lives in your house has any of the following:
- a new continuous cough
- a high temperature
- a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
You should order a home testing kit or book a drive-through test at one of the regional testing centres immediately at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus or call 119 if you have no internet access.
You all MUST stay at home and arrange to have a test to see if you have coronavirus (COVID-19). Staying at home will help prevent the spread of the virus to family, friends and the wider community.
- Everybody living in the house must stay at home and not leave the house for 14 days or until you get a negative test result.
- Do not send any children to school. Please ring and inform the school office.
- Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
- You must not go out even to buy food or other essentials, and any exercise must be taken within your home.
- Do not go to work or visit public areas, and do not use public transport or taxis.
- Do not invite or allow social visitors, such as other friends or family, to enter your home.
- This 14-day period starts from the day when the first person in your house became ill.
- If you have symptoms, you should stay as far away from other people in your house as possible.
- Reduce the spread of infection in your home by washing your hands regularly for 20 seconds using soap and water, or use hand sanitiser, and cover coughs and sneezes.
- If you live with others and you are the first in the house to have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), then you must stay at home for at least 7 days. All other household members who remain well must stay at home and not leave the house for 14 days. The 14-day period starts from the day when the first person in the household became ill.
- If your condition gets worse, or your symptoms do not get better after 7 days, then use the NHS 111 online coronavirus (COVID-19) service.
- Once you have received your test result and before sending your child back to school, please phone the school office to inform them and send a copy to email@example.com
School Office Numbers: 01204 333679/ 333677/ 3332943