Free School Meals
There are two free school meal schemes:
· Statutory income related free school meals
· universal free school meals
Income related free school meals
Income related free school meals can be given to your child in any year at school.
If you get any of the benefits listed below, you can claim for free school meals.
· Income Support
· Jobseeker’s Allowance
· Employment Support Allowance
· Support under the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
· Guaranteed Pension Credit
· Child Tax Credit – as long as your letter shows you have an income of less than £16,190 and do not get Working Tax Credit
· Universal Credit – your earned income must be less that £7,400 a year
Applying for Free school meals
· If you already receive housing benefit or council tax support, your income related free school meals will be given automatically and you don’t need to apply
· If you don’t receive housing benefit or council tax support, you will need to apply for free school meals by following this link https://selfserve.bolton.gov.uk/citizenportal/form.aspx?form=HB_FSM
Universal Free School Meals
Every child in reception, year one and year two gets a universal free school meal but this is NOT the statutory free school meal.